Monday 13 May 2013

Define happiness.




How do you define happiness?

If someone could tell me that’d be great because I hate the question ‘You happy today?’ Especially when no, I’m not ‘happy’ but I’m happier than I was yesterday.
I like to think of myself as content. I like who I am, I like what I’m doing, I like who I’m talking to. But I wouldn’t go as far as to say I’m happy. Because once this bubble of contentness pops and the shit that’s outside it is let back in, I’d be lying if I said I was happy.

However I am far from sad. I haven’t been sad in a while, okay I might get in a bad mood sometimes and just want to hide away and cry to myself, but I wouldn’t go as far to say I’m sad. I’m just having a bad day, and tomorrow I’ll be fine.

So why is it that if we don’t have a massive smile on our faces, we’re not bouncing around the room talking to everyone, we’re not laughing constantly, it’s not okay. Because it is, no one can expected to be happy 100% of the time. Hell it’s not normal. I just wish that when we do have those off days people don’t question every little thing. Like it’s unnatural for me of all people to be in a bad mood. I’m only human, everyone has emotions, let me be angry for one day of the 365. Ill fake a smile for you the other 364. Just let me have today.

Right now I am content. In fact right now I feel like a writer or some shit because I’m lying front down on the floor like you see in movie scenes. Makes me think back to my 8 year old self whose dream was to become a writer. Then the world happened and the writer dream disappeared. Guess I’ll make movies instead ;)
I just want you to know, it’s okay to be sad, it’s okay to be angry. Even if people don’t understand, it is okay. No one can expect you to be perfect.

<3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment